Three Rivers Braised Partridge
1 ea Partridge, feathered
1 liter Red Wine
2 TBSP Savoury
2 TBSP Parsley
2 TBSP Maple Syrup
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 carrot, shredded
1 liter Apple Cider
2TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
4 C Wild Deer Mushrooms, chopped
½ lb pork fat
- Cut pheasant into 8 cut serving pieces, to prepared for braising.
- Add liquids to pot, bring to simmer.
- Render down pork fat, and hard sear the partridge skin side down, rotating once the skin naturally releases from pan.
- Flip partridge and roast on non skin side for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with hot liquid from pat. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Braise in oven covered for 1-2 hours or until partridge has reached internal temperature of 170F